Find a great men’s backpack today. With so many good looking packs that have plenty of room for your stuff, you’ll find it easy to carry around the essentials (or a bit more) .
|OGIO Renegade RSS Laptop Back Pack||$$$||4.6|
|5.11 Tactical Rush 24 Backpack||$$||4.8|
|Eurosport WWII Vintage Canvas Backpack||$||4.1|
|Targus Drifter II Backpack||$$||4.2|
|Otium Canvas Backpack||$||4.5|
|The North Face Jester Backpack||$$||4.6|
|High Sierra Swerve Pack||$||4.4|
|Icon Cool Backpack/Daypack||$||4.0|
|Rothco Canvas Teardrop Laptop Backpack||$||4.5|
|Belkin Slim 15" Notebook Backpack||$||3.9|
|SwissGear Travel Gear ScanSmart Backpack||$$||4.6|
To make it easy for you to find the best backpack for your needs, I have assembled the chart above. It is a simple way to find the best backpack without having to spend hours jumping from site to site. I have provided the name and manufacturer, as well as the average customer review score and price.
Advantages Of A Good Men’s Backpack
Opting to own a high-quality men’s backpack provides numerous benefits including:
- First and foremost, they are incredibly convenient and give you the ability to carry around everything you need throughout the day.
- They protect your things, particularly your expensive electronic devices, from the elements and from theft. If someone can’t see your new iPhone 5, they are not going to be looking for a way to steal it.
- They are usually comfortable to carry. Many have ergonomic designs, along with padded shoulder straps, to distribute weight evenly and prevent you from straining your shoulders and back.
- A good backpack with plenty of compartments can keep you organized and prevent the unnecessary stress and irritation associated with having to dig through everything looking for a specific item. Put stuff in the same spot every time. It makes life so much simpler.
- They work in different environments including work, traveling, and just spending the day out running errands around town.
Swapping my laptop bag for a backpack
I work in the pharmaceutical sales industry and am constantly traveling to physician’s offices, hospitals, and more in between trips to the office. As a result, I feel like I am constantly carrying around a mobile office. When I first started out, I crammed my laptop, planner, brochures, and everything else in my laptop bag. That worked for about a month before the zipper gave up trying to hold everything in and broke apart leaving all of my stuff scattered on the ground. I didn’t look all that professional walking in to an appointment with a new client carrying everything in my arms and passing out brochures splashed with mud.
When out looking for a new one, I ran across a Renegade backpack and after considering everything it had to offer, I bought it instead of another satchel bag. Who would have thought it would make such a difference, but it does. I know that my 17” MacBook is protected in its own compartment that is lined with foam panels. Best of all, it has plenty of compartments that has actually helped me get organized. In the past, I was constantly digging through my bag in search of a pen or my phone while the entire room seemed to be looking at me. That problem is gone because everything has a specific spot. Of course, I can’t forget to mention how comfortable it is to carry because of its ergonomic design and it leaves my hands free.
My only regret is that I didn’t make the switch to a backpack much sooner. It makes things so much easier and I look more professional.
What To Look For When Buying a Mens Backpack
- Consider the material the backpack is constructed from. Leather is a popular, though expensive option within the business world because of the professional image it presents. High-end leather backpacks are available with back straps that can be converted into a shoulder strap, turning the backpack into a messenger bag. Canvas and polyester are also popular options. Canvas tends to be more expensive, but it also more durable. Polyester is more likely to tear over time if the backpack is constantly packed full of things. Nylon is also available, though they are lightweight and usually hold considerably less.
- Look for backpacks that are waterproof to make sure your things are protected in the event of an unexpected downpour.
- If you frequently use your iPod, look for a backpack that comes with a compartment featuring a small pre-made hole for your earphones. This keeps your iPod safe and lets you listen to your music.
- Look at the number and size of the compartments. Make certain it is large enough to carry documents, binders, tablets, and laptops, based on what you will be using it for.
- If you do a lot of walking, look for a backpack that comes with reflectors on the back or the sides. This is most often found in a backpack constructed from canvas or polyester.
- Make sure the zippers, buttons, or buckles used to close the backpack are good quality to prevent them from coming apart and making you lose of your important items.
How To Find The Best Men’s Backpacks
- Don’t settle for the first backpack you come across that looks halfway decent. Look at several options before making your purchase. There is a good chance that the more you look around, the more you will begin to realize what is best for you, such as particular features, material, etc.
- Check out online reviews to see what other customers have to say about a backpack you have considered purchasing. Amazon is a great place to look, not only because they tend to have the best prices, but they usually have detailed user reviews you can read. This is an important part of the process, particularly if this is going to be an expensive backpack that you plan to use for an extended period of time. Make sure you read what other users have to say about a bag you are considering, whether you are purchasing it online or in a store. Chances are the same thing that bothers someone else about a backpack is going to irritate you as well.
- While price is certainly something to consider, this should not be what the most important factor in your decision. While you do not necessarily need the most expensive backpack on the market, you probably won’t be satisfied with the cheapest option either. Everyone knows that you get what you pay for.
- Finally, pay attention to the tips listed above regarding what to look for when choosing men’s backpacks.
A Review Of Some Of The Best Backpacks for Men
Designed to fit most 15” laptops, the Renegade RSS includes an armored protected laptop compartment, as well as a padded sleeve for tablets. It is made of canvas and features several pockets including one specifically designed for quick access to your phone and another with an organization panel so that you are never stuck searching for a pen. Equipped with shock absorbing shoulder pads, it reduces the strain placed on your back. Most people appreciate that the bag is designed with technology in mind. This is the best of the newly designed gadget backpacks. It provides layers of support for your laptop and it fits perfectly under the seat of a plane for travel.
The Rush 24 is constructed of high-quality durable nylon 1050, and is designed with tons of organized storage space. There are plenty of pockets including one that is dedicated to carrying your drink, a fleece-lined pocket to keep your sunglasses safe and close by, and three mesh interior compartments to keep things separated, yet easy to find. In addition, there is another pocket that can be expanded using a draw cord for additional space or made smaller to keep something small safe and secure. It features a water protective coating, pull tabs designed to be easy to open while wearing gloves, and comfortable external compression straps. Owners of this bag consider it to be a great bag, that is durable with plenty of storage.
Designed with a cool, vintage look, the EuroSport B721 is constructed of an army green canvas material with straps made of faux leather. The straps are easily adjusted and close with magnetic snaps. The main pouch also has Velcro clasps as an additional security measure. There are several small pockets to ensure that you keep everything neat and organized, including a small pouch on the interior. On the lower back of the bag is a small zippered compartment for easy access to your phone, pocketknife, etc. The back is padded to prevent from getting poked by something inside. Owners of this backpack say that it is very roomy, looks good and gets plenty of positive comments from people.
Designed to easily accommodate a 17” laptop and constructed of high-quality nylon, the Targus Drifter II has multiple zippered compartments to hold everything you could possibly need. This includes two side water bottle pockets, as well as small exterior pockets for easy access to your phone, wallet, etc. It features a water resistant bottom, ergonomically designed shoulder straps, a pocket specifically designed to hold wet items, and cushioned pockets that are lined to prevent scratches. For added style, the primarily black bag is highlighted by silver streaks.
The Otium Canvas Backpack is eco-friendly, constructed of 100% cotton canvas and features a rugged–looking style that is guaranteed to attract attention. It has plenty of room, easily fitting a 17” laptop plus much more, and has plenty of smaller compartments to keep your things organized. Outside pockets feature a stylish buckle with a magnetic snap to make closing them simple, while inside pockets have zippers. Good strong canvas, zippers, and snaps. People stop me on the street to ask where I got it because of its rugged look. Way more room than I could have ever imagined.