Do you travel a lot? Whether you’re commuting a long distance every day or you just take a business trip every now and again, you need a reliable piece of luggage that can double as an everyday carrier for things like your work projects or your laptop. If that’s a need you have, then you’ll want to consider a purchase of the Samsonite Tectonic. This pack is made from ballistic polyester and is about as durable as it gets. Priced in a budget-friendly range, you won’t have to worry about spending a lot to get a lot of quality from this pack.
The Features of the Samsonite Tectonic
The first thing we noticed right away where the carrying straps of this pack. They’re large, wide, thick, and padded. They’re also placed near the very edges of the back panel, giving you a better weight balance than most packs in this price range. It’s comfortable, distributes the weight evenly, and does so without causing any discomfort – even on days when you might have it fully packed!
You might also like these features:
- the main compartment features a self-mending zipper that really helps to secure the items in your pack, even if you pull a little too hard;
- there’s a handy water bottle pocket that can carry a thermos of coffee if you prefer; and
- the back of the pack has air mesh padding added to it that allows you to keep your back from sweating because the air is still circulating.
It looks good. It feels good. It safely carries your items without a second thought. It’s also made in the USA, which some folks will really like! You have to hand wash the Samsonite Tectonic, but that’s a small price to pay for the durability you receive with it.
The Advantages of the Samsonite Tectonic.
The primary advantage that we noticed with this pack was its overall size. In this price range, you will struggle to find a pack that can accommodate a 17 inch laptop. Now depending on your laptop brand, you may discover that 17 inches really means 16 inches for you, but we could fit our Toshiba and a tablet plus some work projects into this backpack very easily and still have room to spare. There’s also these advantages to consider:
- it’s very lightweight and will help to distribute the weight in your pack evenly;
- the stitching of the pack is reinforced at all the key locations; and
- there are several pockets and pouches distributed throughout the backpack to help safely secure just about anything you need to take with you.
The one issue with this pack is that it provides no protection from liquids, like the rain. It will allow water in easily, which could be a problem in some areas. Beyond this one issue, we really love this pack and find that it delivers a tremendous amount of value for this price. That’s why we’d easily recommend the Samsonite Tectonic to you today. Click here to look at prices on Amazon and find the best deal on this backpack.