Do you travel a lot? Are you stuck going through the security of airports a lot? With the SwissGear ScanSmart backpack, you’ll have a pack that is specially designed to help you get through checkpoints in a much easier way. All you’ve got to do is open up the pack fully and everything can be scanned in just a few seconds so you never have to get your laptop out. Priced right around the $60 range on sites like Amazon, you’ll get a lot of value from this pack just in the time you’ll save in security!
The Features of the SwissGear ScanSmart
The primary feature we really loved with this pack was the included audio interface. If you like to listen to tunes or audiobooks while you’re traveling, then your iPod, MP3 player, or smartphone can tuck into this pack and you’ve got an easy way to run your earbuds or headphones out without needing to run wires down your shirt or something. There’s also these features to consider:
- it has a water bottle pocket that is designed to keep your beverage secure instead of flopping about as you walk;
- there are several interior flaps and pockets with an included organizer to help you store plenty of stuff; and
- the laptop compartment makes carrying, storing, and accessing your tech really easy.
Even though this backpack is designed to help you get through security, it could also function as an every day pack for your laptop and books or work materials. It’s made of polyester, so it’s very easy to care for as you go about your daily tasks.
The Advantages of the SwissGear ScanSmart
The primary advantage we noticed is how durable the construction of this backpack really is. The zippers and pockets are really well made and it’s got the reinforced seams you’d want in a pack that is designed to carry some heavy items regularly. The pockets aren’t too big, aren’t too small, and are placed perfectly to help you get everything through security quickly. There’s also the advantages to consider:
- the straps are wide enough to support a heavy load in this pack without really digging into your shoulders;
- all of the exterior compartments have double-zippers, giving you an added level of extra protection; and
- there are compression straps along the sides of the pack to help you keep it streamlined as you go about your day.
This backpack is big enough where we could see someone of smaller stature having trouble wearing this pack with both straps. You’re almost forced to use it as a sling bag in some ways. Otherwise this pack is very handy, versatile, and durable and we believe you’ll find it well worth the investment you make into it.Click here to look at prices on Amazon and find the best deal on this backpack.