Whether you’re in first grade or in your senior year of college, having a good backpack to carry your needed items is an essential item to own. You need something that can carry all of your books, keep your tech items safe from being jostled, and yet still organize your items in a comprehensive way. The JanSport Big Student Backpack does all of these things and more, comes in a wide variety of styles and colors, and has good affordability, priced right around $60!
The Features of the Big Student Backpack
The primary feature we noticed about this pack was its overall design. There are five external zipper pockets that make it a very incredible and useable item! One of the external pockets is also a multi-function pocket, giving you a lot of organizational help for a quick transfer between classes. There are two similar internal pockets, plus plenty of space for your books. You might also like these features:
- a long, wide set of shoulder straps makes carrying a heavy pack remain comfortable without digging into your shoulders or back;
- two large primary compartments let you separate your laptop and other tech from your books to help prevent damage; and
- there are two good stash pockets to help you carry anything from a water bottle to your daily schedule.
It’s made of polyester, pretty durable, and weighs in at less than 2 pounds when empty, so you’ll get a lot of use out of this lightweight that acts like a heavyweight!
The Advantages of the Big Student Backpack
The primary advantage that we noticed with this pack is the unique shape of the carrying straps. They’re big and wide as noted above, but they also are designed in a sort of “S” shape that helps to distribute the weight of your back more evenly. This creates a more comfortable experience and helps to prevent those smelly sweat pockets that can develop on your body!
We also liked these advantages:
- this pack seems extremely durable, like it could be used for several years on a daily basis;
- it can be washed in a washing machine for those moments when you get something nasty on it; and
- the flexibility of use with this backpack is one of the best values that can be found on the market today.
The one downfall of the Big Student Backpack, if anything, is the zipper construction. You get the classic stuck zipper a lot with this pack as the seams of the back overlap the zippers a lot. Beyond this one small design glitch, we really loved using this backpack and can see it as a primary pack for a number of uses, from going to the gym or even using it as a portable diaper bag for families. For school, it really is the perfect investment to make!Click here to look at prices on Amazon and find the best deal on this backpack.