If you need to carry your laptop around for work or for school, then you know how difficult it can be to find a pack that is consistently good. You need something that will securely keep your laptop from bouncing about as you walk, yet still provide enough padding that if you happen to drop your backpack, your laptop can survive. If you’re looking for the best combination of quality and affordability, it is difficult to argue with what the Case Logic backpack for a laptop can provide.
Retailing at just $69.99 and available for about $40 on websites like Amazon, you’ll get a tremendous value in this nylon backpack.
The Features of the Case Logic Laptop Backpack
The primary feature of this laptop backpack that we really enjoyed was the padded, nylex-lined pocket that is inside the pack itself. It’s designed for iPad protection in its specs, but the reality is that you’ll effectively protect any tablet or electronic device that is up to 10” in screen size with this pocket. It holds it securely in addition to the 15 inch laptop it can also carry. You might also find these features to be of benefit too:
- the zippered pockets are elevated and provide cord storage, a place for your smartphone, or other accessories you might need to carry so they don’t rattle around in the bottom of the bag;
- the front compartment features storage pockets for other small electronics you might have, for pens as well, and there’s even a place for your ID or even just your laptop battery; and
- there’s a handy slip pocket on the exterior of the bag that lets you take this backpack with you on your travels without having to dig through your pack to get the documents you need to board a plane or train.
To be fair, the backpack itself looks a little cheap when you first look at it with the artificial black nylon look being not so popular. Going past the aesthetics, you’ll find that there is a lot of value in the features of this pack.
The Advantages of the Case Logic Backpack
The primary advantage that we noticed with this pack from Case Logic was the way that you can manage the straps of the back itself. We really liked how you could keep the extra straps rolled up and out of the way so they’re not dangling about you, getting caught on stuff or getting trapped in doors that you’re trying to squeeze through. You might also enjoy these specific advantages:
- the padded mesh back panel and shoulder straps help to prevent your back from getting too sweaty if you need to carry your pack for a long period of time;
- the accessory loop that is provided on the straps is the perfect place to hang items that you might need fast access to having; and
- this bag has enough space in its main compartment that you can easily fit two laptops.
If you are constantly carrying heavy items, say two laptops, every day, then we can see how the durability of this backpack could come into question in a year or so. Outside of that, we find this laptop backpack by Case Logic to be a great combination of quality and affordability and so we highly recommend it to fit whatever needs you may have.Click here to look at prices on Amazon and find the best deal on this backpack.