When you’re out on an adventure, the last thing you need is a pack that can’t stand up to the conditions that you’re facing. A malfunctioning pack is the easiest way to turn something fun into something more akin to a nightmare! Whether your mission involves hunting, hiking, or an excursion behind enemy lines, Condor Outdoor Products has long had a reputation for designing multi-environment tactical items that are highly affordable. With a list price below $150 on Amazon and a variety of different colors and camo styles, you’ll get exactly what you need with this pack.
The Features of the Condor 3 Day Assault Pack
The primary feature we noticed with this Condor pack was the level of padding that is included with it. Some packs talk about the padding that they include to protect your items, but the Condor takes that padding to another level so that your packed items are just as durable as the pack happens to be! You might also enjoy these features:
- it has massive amounts of interior room so you can fit everything you need for the next 3 days into this pack and still have room to spare;
- it has a waist strap that is detachable so if you don’t need the added support, you don’t need to let it flap in the breeze; and
- the pack does an excellent job of distributing weight so that you can go all day with a heavy load without an inordinate amount of fatigue.
Even though the insert frame for this pack is plastic, you’re not going to regret the investment. It is one durable pack that can pretty much stand up to whatever you can throw at it.
The Advantages of the Condor 3 Day Assault Pack
For the primary advantage that we noticed with this pack, it would have to be the design of the shoulder straps. They’re extra wide, which allows for good weight distribution around your collarbone and down your back. They’re also padded and thick, which means with even a heavy load, the straps aren’t going to cut into your joints! You might also enjoy these advantages:
- the front of the straps are designed with lots of carrying options for your gear, including D rings, clip-ons, and MOLLE webbing;
- an added sternum strap prevents from excessive pulling; and
- just about everything on this pack is fully adjustable, so it’ll work with almost any body type imaginable.
The issue that you may find with this pack is the overall quality of the received product. The manufacturer has some production line issues in the past that allowed some packs to be shipped out with an inferior quality and stitching to them. That’s why purchasing from a site from Amazon is such a benefit – if you get an inferior product, you can return it.
Overall, if you need a quality pack at a quality price, you may find this option a good one. They are other packs on the market that are better than this one, but not many at this particular price point.Click here to look at prices on Amazon and find the best deal on this backpack.